Joking There a Limit
Sister Muslimah, different patient who has no limits, then the joke there is a limit. Inevitably, at certain moments we really need a relaxed and casual atmosphere to relax their nerves, relieve sore and tired after work. Expected after the body refreshed, mentally stable, energetically re-grow, thus increasing productivity. It is not prohibited as long as not excessive.
Messenger of Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him also kidding
He sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam, would often take his wife and his friends were joking and bantering to take heart and make them happy. But his jokes are not excessive, there are limits. When you laugh, he does not exceed the limit but just smiled. Similarly, in a joking, he did not say except the truth. As reported in several hadiths that tell about bercandanya Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam. As the hadith of ‘A’isha radi’ anha, “I’ve never seen Rasullullah sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam guffaw to look tonsils, but he just smiled.” (Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim)
Abu Hurayrah was told, the companions asked the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam, “O, Rasullullah! Are you also bersendau joked with us? “The Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam replied with his saying,” Yes, it’s just that I always speak the truth. “(Narrated by Imam Ahmad. Sanadnya Saheeh)
As an example bercandanya Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam was when he sallallaahu’ alaihi wa sallam joking with one of the two grandchildren of Al-Hasan bin Ali radi ‘anhu. Abu Hurayrah relates: “The Messenger sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam never stuck his tongue out to joke with Al-Hasan bin Ali radi’ anhu. He also saw his red tongue, and he immediately rushed toward him happily. “(See Genealogical Saheehah ahadith, Hadith No. 70)
Under Shari’a Adab Joking
Above points adequately represent the meaning jokes allowed in Shari’ah. In addition, it is important that we have to consider the joke is:
1. Align the goals of a joke to relieve fatigue, feeling tired and lethargic, and refreshing atmosphere with jokes allowed. So that we can obtain a new spirit of doing things that are worthwhile.
2. Do not cross the line. Some people often overdo the jokes to violate norms. Too much joking will knock a person of authority.
3. Do not joke with people who do not like jokes. Sometimes there are people who joke with someone who does not like a joke, or do not like jokes that person. It will lead to bad consequences. Therefore, we want to see with whom joking.
4. Do not joke in serious matters. As in the panel ruling, the panel of science, the judge (court-ed), when giving testimony, and so forth.
5. Avoid things which Allah Azza Wa Jalla prohibited when joking.
– Scare a Muslim in a joke. Rasullullah shallallahu’alaihi wa sallam said, “Let not one of you take the property of his brother, both joking and serious.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood and Tirmidhi)
Rasullullah shallallahu’alaihi wa sallam also said: “It is not lawful for a Muslim to frighten another Muslim.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood)
– Lying while joking. Rasullullah sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said, “I guarantee with a palace on the edge of paradise for those who left the debate even though he was on the right side, a castle in the middle of paradise for those who leave lies even though he was joking, and the palace in the top of heaven for someone who fix depraved. “(Narrated by Abu Dawood). Rasullullah also has given the threat to people who lie to make others laugh with a word he sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam, “Woe to anyone who speaks lies to make people laugh, woe to him, woe is he.” (Narrated by Imam Ahmad, Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi)
– Abusing a certain group of people. For example joking with harassing residents of certain areas or certain professions, certain language, etc., that act is strictly prohibited.
– Canda which contain accusations and slander against others. Some people joked with his friend and denounce, slander, or menyifatinya with indecency to make others laugh.
6. Avoid joking with actions or words that are bad. God has said, which means, “Say to My servants, let them pronounce the words better (true). Surely he is causing discord among them. Verily Satan is a real enemy for you. “(Surat al-Isra ‘: 53)
7. Not many laughs. The Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam has been warned not to much laughter, “Do you laugh a lot. Indeed a lot of laughs can be deadly heart. “(Narrated by Ibn Majah)
8. Joking with people who need them.
9. Do not harass the symbols-symbols of religion in jest. For example chatter and jokes the comedians who play religious symbols, verses of the Quran and poetry-syiarnya, wal iyadzubillah! It can drop the act was the culprit in hypocrisy and infidelity.
Thus the restrictions in the joking is allowed in the Shari’a. May every word, deed, behavior and morals we get ridlo of God, even in a joking matter. We always ask taufik of God to belong to a class of people whose faces are not turned away when the grave later for following the Sunnah of His Prophet. Musta’an Allah.